Wednesday 7 March 2018

IT'S A MINDSET THING


Hello Everyone,

It surely feels good to be back!


Manchester United came back from 2-0 down to Crystal Palace and went ahead to win 3-2 in extra time with a screamer from Nemanja Matic. This was exactly the inspiration that made me to finally make the glorious comeback after being on an unusual sabbatical for over 2 months.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Nothing really....


Well Something did happen. I decided that I was going to focus all my inspiration into my book, "Clueless to CEO in a Year". Unfortunately after 3 months, I am still not done.

Writing a book isn't that easy sha.

And I got customers that have already paid for the book. LOL. But I am working on it. Perhaps more time writing the book would enable me to put out amazing content that the readers would definitely appreciate. I personally think there are lessons that I am yet to realize from the truly transformative year that was "2017". Some lessons are yet to manifest this 2018. I personally think that there is something yet to be discovered.


WHAT I KEPT TELLING MYSELF

I kept telling myself that I was super stressed and that was the reason why I wasn't putting out content. I gave reasons ranging from brainstorming sessions with the co-founder, to setting up an office, to running around for deliveries, scouting for new team members and advisory board members for HubbonNG. I built up challenges that prevented me from focusing on executing the tasks I had.

I was supposed to make this post on the 5th of March, but almighty PROCRASTINATION decided to rear its ugly head. I kept telling myself that I would do it later, that the blog isn't yet revamped enough for relaunch back heavy.

Today, I decided to be honest with myself. Big shout out to my parents for constantly questioning me on why I was no longer putting content on the blog and my consistent readers that kept asking me what was up. I owe it to all of you that ensured that I keep being accountable to all of you by continuously putting out content.

BLESS UP!


I am sure you can tell that I am a Manchester United Fan. To be honest, we all know that the EPL trophy is coming to Manchester where it belongs.


WE'VE BEEN COOKING UP  SOME GOOD STUFF THOUGH....

In terms of content. We are looking at exploring other potent channels to ensure that we grow our follower's/fan base of aspiring African Entrepreneurs that are focused on creating solutions that are poised to transform the continent positively.

We are looking at focusing more efforts on YOUTUBE where we can explore opportunities in showcasing the brands that are registered on our platform and exploring more revenue channels as a result. We are looking to close down a partnership with BOIO (Beauty on its own), an amazing brand that puts out well curated beauty and fashion content on YouTube for an unnamed project. Keep chuffing at the opportunity to see what we have cooking.

We are looking at leveraging on audio content, as that allows fellow Entrepreneurs that are followers/fans be able to multi-task while consuming the content that we would be putting across the platforms.

We are looking at gaining sponsorship/advertisement deals with different big brands targeted towards on different marketing channels to increase their customer base. The deals would serve as a form of validation that our content is informative and niche-centric. We would be looking at brands that are creating solutions for startup Entrepreneurs and startup brands themselves. Reach out to us on hubbon.ng@gmail.com or +2347015766545 and let's brainstorm different ideas.

UPDATES ON HubbonNG?




HubbonNG  has transformed itself on its way to transforming the logistics industry. When we first began this journey, HubbonNG was running off twitter and whatsapp. Right now, we have an office space and have had a couple visitors come discuss different opportunities. It feels so surreal right now. I mean "something just happened right now".

I just had to, didn't I?

 It is always good to note milestones that we have achieved in 4 months.

1. Over 90 business signed up on our platform.
2. Over 70 orders completed (since website launch in November 2017)
3. Currently developing a robust delivery network with presence in over 4 cities in Africa.
4. Over 11,000 visits on our blog
5. Advert deals are coming through for the blog.
6. Possible partnership deals with growing YouTube brands.

There are other milestones, but these are at the top of the list.

 FUTURE?


All pun intended. (*In case you didn't get it, you have officially carried last. Just keep reading)

1. Consolidation. We are looking to grow our customer base which would help us simultaneously increase our Key Performance Indicators e.g. average deliveries completed per day.

2. Explore more capabilities. We are constantly brainstorming different innovative ideas where we can create solutions for businesses that would boost trade in Africa and speed up economic growth on the continent.

3. Funding. Although this is not top of the list. It is very important. It would grant us sufficient runway to enable us further develop our product and bring on more team members which we would use to scale efficiently across more cities in Africa with a more robust service.

4. Growth: We are looking at expanding our customer base and expanding across the West African Sub-Region this year whilst exploring expansion opportunities towards other parts of Africa. We are looking at developing subscription based models for businesses and individuals that patronize us on a regular basis. We are looking at expanding into warehousing/storage services and cold transportation with focus on the agricultural and pharmaceutical sectors.

5. Partnerships: We look to leverage heavily on partnerships and collaborations because we believe that businesses in Africa would primarily need to focus on the development of Africa and this is only possible when the era of "competition" is gradually phased out and gives rise to the era of "collaboration" between brands that would create solutions for the many problems plaguing the African continent.


LESSONS



1. DON'T BREAK A HABIT, IT WOULD BE HARD TO GET BACK INTO IT.
2. DON'T FLUFF YOURSELF. YOU CAN WORK HARDER. THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM.
3. MOTIVATE YOURSELF. BE YOUR BEST CHEERLEADER.
4. HAVE BIG GOALS THAT INSPIRE AND SCARE YOU. KNOW THAT YOUR DREAMS ARE YOUR ONLY LIMITATION.
5. DON'T BE STATIC, KEEP MOVING FORWARD, NO MATTER HOW SLOW.
6. INNOVATE OR DIE. YOUR UNIQUE SELLING POINT (USP) TODAY IS THE NEXT GUY'S BASIC FEATURE TOMORROW. BE AWARE AND KEEP FAILING FORWARDS!
7. YOU WILL NEVER RAISE ENOUGH INVESTMENT, USE WHAT YOU HAVE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT.
8. BELIEF! THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRYING AND NOT TRYING AT ALL.
9. DON'T LOOK TO COMPETE. COLLABORATE.
10. BUILD A SCALABLE MODEL THAT CAN TRANSFORM  NOT JUST YOUR COMMUNITY BUT THE WHOLE WORLD.

Thanks for being patient. What do you think about the revamp of our blog?

Best regards,
Ejieji Muna
(HubbonNG)

PS: If you enjoyed the post, share the post with your friends and tell them to share it to their friends and their other other friends. HubbonNG all the way up.

Need a delivery done today? Use HubbonNG. Click here

Most Viewed Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *